"• Stretches all muscles and ligament in your calves and thighs, resulting in greater leg flexibility
• Therapeutic for leg cramps
• Stimulates your thyroid, parathyroid, throat, lungs and abdominal organs
• Helps relieve gas and upper/lower back pain or discomfort
• Promotes good dige"
Paripurna Navasana is said to relieve stress, improve digestion and aid the lower abdominal organs: kidney, intestines, and prostate for men. It can also stimulate the thyroid. Ardha Navasana works on the upper abdominal organs: pancreas, gall bladder, spleen and liver.
This asana can be done as a relaxation pose between other asanas or it can be relaxation method when you are tired. You can be in this asana for a prolonged period of time if you are tired after a workout. It gives deep relaxation to the shoulders and the spine.
"Begin standing in Mountain pose (Tadasana), with the feet parallel and separated hip distance apart.
Place your hands on your hips and inhale to reach the crown of the head up toward the ceiling and find length along the spine.
On your next exhale, begin to hinge at the hips and fold forward over the legs, bringing the torso to flow over the legs like a waterfall.
Take as much of a bend in your knees as you need to here in order to take any tension out of the low back, and allow the head to hang heavy. Either let the arms softly hang or take a hold of opposite elbows to deepen the sensation. If it feels comfortable, you can also bring the fingertips to the ground, or press the palms against the calves to move even deeper.
Shift your weight slightly forward into the balls of your feet and notice how that changes the sensation in your hamstrings.
To come out of the pose, take a slight bend in the knees and place the hands on the hips. With the core engaged, inhale to find a flat back and exhale all the way up to stand.
1) Adho Mukha Svanasana leaves you feeling energized and rejuvenated.
2) It calms the brain and helps relieve stress and mild depression.
3) It lengthens the spine and strengthens the muscles of the chest thereby increasing lung capacity.
1) Increase blood circulation in brain and improve brain function and memory.
2) Cure Insomnia
3). Improves Digestion
4) Those suffering from liver disease, headache, poor blood circulation, this asana is very beneficial.
5) Cures spine problems.
6) Improves concentration.
7) Relaxes mind
8) Help to improve mental balance.
9) Good for increasing memory.